An Oklahoma emergency room doctor refused to provide emergency contraception to a 24-year-old female rape victim because the medication violated the health provider’s personal beliefs, a local CBS News affiliate reports. The hospital also denied the victim a rape kit, noting that it had no appropriate nurse on staff to administer the test.
At the rate that this recent wave of anti-abortion and anti-birth control measures is spreading, we could expect more incidents like these across the country.
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea likes this
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea reblogged this from brute-reason
- brute-reason reblogged this from eupraxsophy and added:
- sophiaishiding reblogged this from eupraxsophy and added:
- sophiaishiding likes this
- goldenphoenixgirl likes this
- eupraxsophy posted this